GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Your idea that software is the cure for all problems is misguided. Guessing you work with software?
No, i don't work in software or for a tech company or anyone really.

As to my posts, yes I'm totally aware of their utter uselessness to 99.99% of people - i'm not in it for the audience or applause, just for fun ... and, if just 1 person gets an insight then Nobody reads my finished crosswords either I'm not happy about it, but there it is.

Anyway, the problem isn't that you disagree with me - I'm just the messenger - it's that you disagree with literally everyone in the automotive industry, tech industry, and retail industry who runs their enterprises. Just ask them. Or better: watch what they do!

For example, watch the boards of the German automakers - they're trying to hatch secret schemes to collaborate on their big problem: software. As was already pointed out, the CEO of VW said his company's problem is software. As in, he literally just said that in Nov.

These are things that are actually happening, not opinions. A watch-what-people-do kind of thing.

Back to Tesla, we've only discussed autos and, to be forthcoming, that's not really Tesla's core business - it's just the thing that's paying for their software build just like CDs & book sales paid for Amazon's logistics software build (and whitelabeling for clients like TGT paid for their consumer-facing site), DVD rentals paid for Netflix's software build, search ads paid for Google's software build, et al.

Tesla's real business is energy management software, and here's what's going to happen:

Over the next 2-3 years it's going to start dawning on people that TRILLIONS are locked up in regulated energy generation and if we unbundle energy production by deregulating generation (via solar, electric, *batteries*, etc) AND have the consumer software to manage it all locally... well ... Tesla's stock is going to go a lot higher.

So this really isn't about cars at all - it's about energy management software.
Appreciate 0