View Single Post
      07-01-2017, 06:23 AM   #28
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I think a hot hatch makes far more sense than trying to shoehorn 2 more doors into the 2 for a GC version. It will need to find a niche, and 'ultra luxe hot hatch' seems rather thin. I'm hoping for more 'back to the roots performance' with a lower price point, as an entry-level (of just the 'adults version of the Civic R'). What ever happened to making the engine/chassis the central core, and the 'when you want leather and power everything, you can step up to the next rung' mentality? Now I feel like everybody is trying for the 'kitchen sink' approach, sacrificing dynamics for style/options.

And I don't think Americans really hate wagons, but like Fundguy said, they got legislated away once the loopholers opened the door to SUV's (if they hadn't had all the financial and performance boosts from not being bound to CARF, they never would have taken off like they did). Last weekend I saw at least 6 different Audi wagons in various states of care - some were work cars, but some were obviously in the 'nice sporty' range.
Appreciate 0