12-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
gtate44
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Hi.

To put it simply you can not replace your factory halogen headlights with the OEM Xenon ones. It's hardly doable (if at all: I can't remember a proof of success story).

So there is a shitty "compromise" then. I hope this won't spoil your correct attitude , just have to mention it for objectivity:
. They say "Plug & Play" but there are issues: https://f20.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1647284.

The only correct and easy way to "upgrade" the halogen lights is to use the best (correct specification!) bulbs available. There are two kinds that can be mixed properly: super white for the looks and top performance for the visibility. (There are more OEM options including daytime driving lights retrofit for matching bumpers.)
[QUOTE=No one;25533072]Hi.

To put it simply you can not replace your factory halogen headlights with the OEM Xenon ones. It's hardly doable (if at all: I can't remember a proof of success story).

Thank you very much for your reply

Can I just ask.. why can't you swap them over for oem xenon ones? Would hella ones not work? I'm wanting to buy the actual headlight units not just replace the bulbs
Appreciate 0