View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #40
chriscecc914
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D
On the BMW website this is the information they have on the M135i. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it says it comes with an M engine. Just curious but can someone clarify this for me if I'm understanding it wrong?
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...model.html#t=l

BMW M135i.

The perfect interplay of engine, chassis and steering wheel as well as its precise and sporty handling allow the BMW M135i to dazzle with pure agility and suitability for everyday use.

The M Performance TwinPower Turbo straight six-cylinder petrol engine combines a TwinScroll turbocharger with Valvetronic, double-Vanos and High Precision Injection. An extremely spontaneous response, high torque even at low speeds and a wide rotational speed range characterise this powerful engine.

A powerful 235 kW (320 hp) and a maximum torque of 450 Nm are particularly impressive in light of the consumption values: an average consumption of just 7.5 l/100 km and CO2 emissions of 175 g/km for the model with 8-speed automatic transmission and 8.0 l/100 km and CO2 emissions of 188 g/km for the manual model underscore the excellent relationship between dynamics and efficiency*.
Just marketing talk.

M135i has a tuned N55 engine.
Appreciate 0