SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Helping people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
Well, it's like this, SteveC. The OP, Kyle5226, is a first-time poster, who has a bit of a problem. Now, I'm sure you agree, we should all do our best to try to help first-time posters experiencing a problem. Your response was to be as sarcastic and cynical as possible, which I think is unhelpful, by any measure. In passing, I note this is not an uncommon response from you, so perhaps you might reflect on that. Hence

These forums are, or should be, all about helping others solve problems and providing helpful advice. I do hope you might take that into consideration in providing future input. Please take this in the constructive way it is intended.
Actually, my post was intended as a mild bollocking. "Stop fricking around with the damned thing, you're going to break it".

My neighbours son is 20 years old and a petrol head. He spends most weekends screwing around with his car, following the 'advice' he reads on forums. The first thing I stopped him doing was climbing under his jacked up car without chocks. I advised him his exhaust was too loud. He fixed that when he got a ticket. He fitted a piggy back ECU that he bought via the Internet...few weeks later his car was towed in for some major engine repairs.

In this case, the OPs very nice and very powerful M135i's ECU is intervening to prevent its engine from lunching itself. Under the circumstances I thought my post was rather well judged.
Appreciate 0