View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

It is a great time for M135i, I was expecting closer to E46 M3 time and am very impressed. I want to read all of the Super Test of course. This car is getting very close lap times to 1M and E9X M3 on tracks like Hockenheim, Nordschleife and else. It is obviously very close in terms of straight line acceleration too. All this despite its (few) shortcomings and imperfections (also few obvious advantages like stock Michelin PSS tires) vs those M cars and previous generation M cars which show just one thing; the fundamentals are very strong and a future M2 has the potential to be a great performing car unless BMW itself decides to cut it short because of company politics to keep a distance from more expensive future M cars.

I also hope this kind of performance and good reviews do not convince some heads in Munich to bury the idea of M2 and just keep the M135i as the top of the line model though. Everything is possible.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0