02-16-2014, 02:06 AM   #18
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
The M135I is in another league, both from a handling and performance standpoint. Try negotiating a little more to get some more discount but quite frankly, a 125i M-sport does not deliver anything like the visceral thrill of driving an M135i.

I am soon going to face the same dilemma with the new M3. If the financials were of a similar relationship to yours, I wouldn't hesitate.

If cars are practical transport and nothing more then I agree that you're wasting money. If on the other hand they're your hobby and passion, then ask yourself if spending the money is worth the reward it brings in driving a far more exciting car for several years. Spending money on transport is a burden, spending it on your passion is life enriching
Of course the M135i is a better car no doubt but when I test drove it recently I wasn't blown away by it enough by it in comparison to mine to warrant the change. The deal offered to change was actually a very good one especially considering I had one quote @ £534 pcm and I got managed to get this down to £375 pcm with another dealer. I had the perfect opportunity to change but I just wasn't feeling being in the F20 another 4 years. Currently I have had my car around 17 months.

I don't think it's ever a good idea to buy the same model car again especially when there isn't masses of difference and spec the same options again.