View Single Post
      09-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #19
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
You're right about conflicting studies. You can pretty much find a study supporting whatever argument you want. It takes some effort weeding through this BS. The problem is that health professional are schooled based on exactly the same crooked science and their opinion isn't worth much. And if they knew what they are doing, we wouldn't have the obesity epidemic now.

Not all of those things are fads. Gluten free diet is a medical necessity for those with ceoliac disease. Ketosis is used to treat epilepsy and it was a natural state for most of our ancestors. Eating natural food isn't a fad.

I will not listen to "anything". I will listen to serious arguments that can be backed by evidence.
gluten free diet is a fad for the majority of those on gluten free diets. Celiac disease isnt as common as most people want to believe. On average, my wife encounters 10-20 patients a month that have self diagnosed celiac disease. And inevitably, they all eat some kind of gluten, without issue, in their normal diet without knowing. The best was a lady said she had celiac disease and couldnt have bread and pasta gluten, but cookies and ranch dressing gluten was fine. But thats for another thread.

Ill leave it at Ketogenic works for some, but not everyone. You can choose to disagree all you want and call the science that doesnt follow your agenda as BS, but that doesnt mean it isnt accurate.

Eating Natural Food has nothing to do with a Ketogenic Diet either. Any diet plan you want to go on that is all natural and uses portion control is going to help you lose weight and be overall healthier.

And FYI, several of my wife's teachers while getting her Masters were Ketogenic Dieters, as well as a number of the DRs she works with. But youre right, the "crooked" science they teach is all BS...
Appreciate 0