View Single Post
      03-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

A sensible analysis with a bit too alarmist a slant and perhaps too aggressive a timeline.

No doubt some models will be discontinued in the coming years, but I think it's more than safe to say that lower end four seat coupes and convertibles will remain, including performance models like the BMW's M2 and M4, and Mercedes' C63. Likewise, the AMG GT and legitimate near-exotic sports cars from others (such as Porsche for example) will remain.

What will go? Either the SL or SLK probably won't survive, and arguably both could go if they were to expand the AMG GT down market with a six cylinder model. Either the E or S class coupe could also bow out. For BMW the upcoming 8 Series models may already have killed the two-door 6 Series. And BMW's two new yet-to-debut roadsters - the 'Z5' and i8 Spyder? If they don't catch on I could see both not being asked back for a second round.

Audi seems to be in the best spot in this area. TT, A/S/RS5, and R8 all seem like viable products. Maybe the A3/S3 convertible not so much, but the convertible is really the odd man out in that model lineup anyway.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17487.50