iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollpe View Post
I've had my 118i M Sport for a few months now and have covered about 3600 miles in it. Overall I've been very impressed with it, especially with the engine. Its really loosened up now & goes really well, especially for its relatively small displacement and is using a lot less fuel than before - my average is about 42mpg of mixed motorway and town driving. (70% motorway 30% town). When I say motorway, this generally involves being snarled up on the M62 each day! My fuel consumption has reduced by about 6MPG from when it was new, the journey and conditions are pretty much the same.

Its not all been without fault though! I've had the following problems:

- Doors creaking (common fault & requires some ultra expensive substance applying to them!)
- Ipod locking up when playing and unable to switch to another track, album, artist etc (software issue)
- Unable to answer phone calls via the steering wheel when the ipod is playing (50% of the time). The iPod is working fine at this point. (software issue)
- Steering wheel creaks when turning to full lock (grommet in the bulk head needs replacing with a modified version - known fault)
- Wipers fail intermittently (known fault and requires a new module. Currently on back order with BMW)

So its been with Sytner Sheffield since Monday. They have been really good keeping me informed on the progress and I pick it up tomorrow. I've updated the list above with the cause of the fault & if its known to BMW.

Despite the above I'm really happy with the car, my dealer has been really good in sorting everything out. I'm currently running a Z4 loaner so I'm not in any great rush to get it back just yet (we've had some sunny spells today!).

Also I've had to top up the oil, its had about 3/4 litre for the first 3000 miles, which from my experience is fairly normal for a new engine.
I've heard the wheel creak! i'm not going mad- yay
Appreciate 0