View Single Post
      02-23-2016, 04:12 AM   #1
UnluckyProf
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Enhanced Bluetooth retrofit advice

Hi all,

My F20 does not currently have Enhanced Bluetooth, and after having an F30 courtesy car recently which did I'm convinced I need this retrofitting into mine

I'm looking for some advice on my options.

Option 1:
Buying a combox (and new stereo unit to support combox)

Option 2:
Buying a NBT stereo unit.

Option 3:
Buying a NBT evo stereo unit.

I think I'm only really interested in Bluetooth audio streaming and the ability to use an apple cable to connect my device, but if anyone knows of some key features that I should really give thought to please let me know Black Panel? Pro Nav? Voice Control? BMW Live?

First thought was just adding a combox, but as I currently don't have one I'd need to run through all cables from the stereo to the rear of the car. As well as getting a new stereo to support the fibre connection.
That led me to the NBT option; from what I understand the combox is contained within the stereo unit, and as such I wouldn't be required to run the cables through the cabin. Is this correct? So in terms of ease and amount of functionality this is ahead, but I do recognise this would cost more.
Third option is a follow on to option 2; if I plan on getting a new NBT stereo anyway, why not get the biggest and best NBT This would future proof me somewhat, and give me the flexibilty to add whatever addiitonal features I want, knowing that the foundations are already there.

Has anyone had this dilemma and come up with a solution?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0