View Single Post
      05-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #43
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by edh View Post
An N20 powered 128i could do with an exhaust like this to differentiate it from the naturally aspirated petrols in the range.
There won't be any naturally aspirated petrols in the F20, so like Mark says, this is quite likely a 135i. Also remember that this car has fixed piston brakes and thus appears to be quite similar to the current E82 135i. Anything but a turbo six would be a surprise. I agree with you however that they'll introduce the 135i a bit later, doesn't mean they can't already test it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edh View Post
The next thing above simple fog lights is LEDs. Maybe on Msport to distinguish itself from SE there could be some 6-series Msport style LEDs? Look at the pictures and you see that above the vents where you might expect the fog lights to be there is a line of camoflage set back from the bumper above it. Looks like a gap about the right size for a strip of LEDs.

Or perhaps as one size is covered off and the other isn't, this isn't a final configuration anyway. A set of standard fogs will appear in the gaps.

Whatever, I seriously couldn't believe that ALL Msport models would not have fog lights of any form.
Here's a close-up of the air intake.

Name:  f20_msport.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  131.2 KB

What is clear from this shot is that the left air intake is actually needed for some cooling and thus has a perforated camo tape while the right side doesn't seem to need as much cooling and is masked fully. Doesn't look to me like there will be LED's in this particular M-Sport bumper but you're right that it remains to be seen if this will hold true for all M-Sport models or just for the range topping car (like it is with the E82 135i).

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0