View Single Post
      05-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #38
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

In Germany , prototypes are always stopped. It does not matter if it is BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche or a Volkswagen.

It is mainly curiosity , but no-one takes pictures or anything. They are forbidden to do so by their superiors, bystanders nearby can snap away as shown here.

Of course they are also on the look-out for the Test-driving thrill seekers who have been on the Ring and continue their high performance driving skills on the roads surrounding the Ring. I have seen an US spec M3 drift only to be appear at a Police checkpoint.
I hope it was nobody here. Because the officer was not amused.

In Germany though BMW and other manufacturers enlist the authorities in the testing of a new model for a example particularly if that said model is a fleet proposal which would be used by the authorities.

In the latter stages of a "fleet" model , The authorities are invited to test them in a variety of ways from loading with equipment , people and even dogs. But vast experience from the previous models are use to further progress incoming models , especially in relation to space , flexibility, performance and efficiency.