View Single Post
      03-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #29
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
When I buy an M car I'm not interested in "exclusivity" (which I read to mean to impress others). I'm interested in a well balanced, quick sports car. If BMW wants to festoon the "M" on lesser cars, I don't care. If other drivers who buy these cars want to feel that they have M-light cars, why should that concern me?

My purchase is for my driving satisfaction, not to impress others.

(The same is true with the AMG GT I bought to replace my i8. Mercedes slaps a lot of big engines in unbalanced cars and calls them AMG models. I am interested in a well-balanced sports car, and the AMG GT, which was designed entirely by AMG, is just that.)

So as long as BMW makes well balanced M cars I don't care that it slaps the "M" on its non-M models. It does that to stay alive. Which means the M division will remain alive, too.

For those of you who want to impress others with your car purchase, well there is always Lamborghini.
The GT reminds me "slightly" of the original production Viper, with how it's proportioned.

Reading your last statement about the Lambo reminds me of something I heard long ago.....

What do you say when you see someone with a Ferrari... "so you couldn't afford a Lamborghini huh?"
Appreciate 0