View Single Post
      09-23-2016, 09:13 AM   #2
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Personally I like to keep the major elements in my photos as they are, and actually shoot at the right time, etc.

That being said, there are times when it is necessary to pull in elements from different photos, but I will only do that if I plan on it during the shoot.

An example is a recent shoot at Death Valley, where focusing for the Milky Way (and exposing for it) while also keeping a focused foreground with light painting, all while keeping the shutter speed short enough to prevent star trails .... yeah, it was impossible to do all that in one shot. So, I have to combine a shot exposed and focused for the foreground with another one for the Milky Way.

I think also it takes a lot of practice to get good at pulling the proper shapes in order to change out a non-green-screen background, such as in your example.

If you look closely at the hood, there are some areas where the sunset is overriding the hood and it looks photoshopped. I'm not saying don't do it, but I will definitely say, follow the lines at a maximum zoom level in Photoshop to make sure you do not cut off parts of the object that you are pulling out of a scene. It is also pretty evident at the line where the bushes meet the sky.

This is routinely done in interior design and real estate photography, for example, to get an interior shot that has nice exposure of both the inside of a room as well as what is going on outside. Without extensive lighting setup, you pretty much have to combine a couple of different shots to make it look nice. And making sure you make it look seamless is where the practice comes in.

I'll see about posting some before and afters later on.
Appreciate 4
jmg18493.00
Dackelone10511.00