View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #14
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
To be fair, my statement was a bit hyperbolic. I'm sure SOME people have crossed the gap. I still contest that the uptick in sales isn't those people. As to my statement, that's just based on the distribution of resources. The wealthiest 1% is increasing their total share of the countries resources, not decreasing. So in general. The 1% is absorbing the economic growth at a rate that's an order of magnitude higher. I believe the number was around 22% of the nations income is going to the top 1%. This is also coming off of the recent recession saw the top income earners falling 4%, while the bottom 99% fell over 20%. ( https://files.stlouisfed.org/files/h...inequality.pdf )

It's speculation, but I don't think it's crazy to suggest that rich people buying higher quantities of expensive cars doesn't help the majority of folks.

You were neither being hyperbolic nor controversial (nor wrong) by asserting that increased super/hypercar sales were not generally a good indicator of overall wealth increasing for the vast majority of people.
Appreciate 0