United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlaak View Post
What does that have to do with us? We can only change what we control, and we don't control China.

And does that mean you're suggesting that because China is polluting we shouldn't try to be cleaner? Or the rest of the world?
The world "controls" each other via various climate accords and pacts. China is the world's top polluter by far and never has stringent mandates the way the rest of the western world has. Of course we should try to be cleaner, but strong-arm bureaucracy has shown to be the least effective way to get things done and has untold unintended consequences economically.
China has 4x US population, on average every Chinese is about 1/2 as populating as US, though fast catching up though...

Most Asia country improved a lot, when I was young (in Taiwan) poullation is a lot worse than in the US , now Taiwan recycle a ton more than the US, and it's not the ship to some other country kind of recycle that a low west does...

If you look at Shanghai today, I would think it's recycling requirement is probably more so than say NYC, at least for household/consumer

Most tier one Chinese city had about as much smog as the US major city did in the 60s, how long did it take the US to clean up, China is probably doing it 10 years faster
Appreciate 0