10-19-2021, 10:01 AM   #11620
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Guys have done it, everything links up but IIRC you alter the geometry enough its not going to be properly setup for cornering.

A rear change (on SSSA) is quicker than changing a car tire since its just one clip and one big ass nut. It actually came in handy on Sunday as after lunch I was spinning up the rear exiting the corner and had to throw on a new Q4 stat. Dont even miss a session (and that actually included having it mounted/balanced, if I had a spare wheel I could have gone back out same session). Brake and everything stays on the swingarm and no touching the chain so dont even have to worry about getting dirty.

One thing that is fun about a twin is the torque. I came from a 4 banger to this and its a completely different style. You dont have to constantly row to keep the revs all the way up, its vary rare I have to shift while still exiting the corner, normally I can let the revs drop a bit and ride the torque until Im upright. The bike isnt as stable at the apex as the 4 but on corner exit you get drive earlier. Also you'll want a slipper, it engine brakes like a beast.

Edit: Also with a fully Termi system the exhaust sounds like machine gun fire. The MVs intake sounded better than its exhaust but this is all exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Nice choice! The 959 Panigale is a great bike, BUT….

…consider the insurance. In late 2018 I began negotiating with various Ducati dealerships for the replacement for my Ducati 848 track bike. It came down the 2018 Panigale V4 and the 2018 Ducati 959 Panigale. While the 959 was substantially cheaper, the insurance was substantially higher. So much higher, in fact, that the $359 monthly payment on the V4 coupled with the $75 a month State Farm insurance payment was less than what it would've been for the combine 959 payment/insurance by a whopping $180. I got my V4 for $22,500 OTD; the 959 would've been $15,500 OTD.

If you're paying cash and getting a good deal, go for the 959, but if your riding experience is sufficient enough to handle the V4…….get the V4.
Yeah I'm no stranger to higher premiums, I have expensive taste in bikes. Both of my S1000RR's were substantially higher than just about any other liter bike at that time. I was going to email my agent today and see what its going to run. If it's comparable to the S1k then its a done deal.

I was originally looking for a 899 Panigale. I test rode one in 2015 and fell in love with how it felt and handled. Not a fast bike, but honestly I don't need a fast bike anymore. Then my buddy mentioned he has this 959 he was looking to sell, and for less than I can find the 899.

I sold my last S1k because it was just too much bike to enjoy on the street. It was a good balance between track and street rideability, but after taking it on track I lost all excitement on the street with it, and it really didn't start to sing until you got higher in the RPMs. Plus, after wrecking the race bike at 150ish and somehow walking away, that high speed thrill has kind of left. I have grown to love technical tracks and twisties vs fast high speed runs and corners, so I'm hoping with the low end power of the Duc that I'll enjoy street riding once again.
Nice! I love Ducs as track bikes. Now I'm feeling all nostalgic about my prior 848. I purchased it new in 2010, tore it down completely and rebuilt it with the help of parts/tuning sourced from Dan Kyle, Motowheels, Rizoma, etc. Kyle did the fork internals on both my current V4 and my prior 848 (…pre-Ohlins front forks and rear TTX).

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 03-14-2022 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick59633.00
///d1819.00
3002 tii2279.50