View Single Post
      10-19-2021, 06:38 AM   #11618
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Guys have done it, everything links up but IIRC you alter the geometry enough its not going to be properly setup for cornering.

A rear change (on SSSA) is quicker than changing a car tire since its just one clip and one big ass nut. It actually came in handy on Sunday as after lunch I was spinning up the rear exiting the corner and had to throw on a new Q4 stat. Dont even miss a session (and that actually included having it mounted/balanced, if I had a spare wheel I could have gone back out same session). Brake and everything stays on the swingarm and no touching the chain so dont even have to worry about getting dirty.

One thing that is fun about a twin is the torque. I came from a 4 banger to this and its a completely different style. You dont have to constantly row to keep the revs all the way up, its vary rare I have to shift while still exiting the corner, normally I can let the revs drop a bit and ride the torque until Im upright. The bike isnt as stable at the apex as the 4 but on corner exit you get drive earlier. Also you'll want a slipper, it engine brakes like a beast.

Edit: Also with a fully Termi system the exhaust sounds like machine gun fire. The MVs intake sounded better than its exhaust but this is all exhaust.

Last edited by ryan stewart; 10-19-2021 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
///d1820.00