pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
In your scenario I'm the old guy. Financially stable no kids able to do anything. If I were to date anyone, having no kids would be my preference, or college age, where they're not tied down. Younger children where they have full custody or unreliable exs are something I wish to avoid. I'm in a position where I can travel at will, and have several overseas trips planned for next year - but if someone has young children it would be hard for them to join me.

I've been seeing someone recently who has a younger (11) child and no ex around, so it's difficult. Between that and being a teacher where they have specific times for vacations, I'm not sure it will work - my overseas trips are scheduled around other people not me, so I can't just re-schedule them for when she could be free from work and might be able to find someone to look after her children. Not entirely sure I want a relationship where I vacation alone.
I'm in a similar position. But the children don't have to be grade-school-age to be an obstacle. There are "children" well into their 20's who are still in an infantile state because their moms have never pried them off the tit and made them grow up. With smartphones, they're constantly pinging Mommy for one stupid thing or another, so Mommy's cell phone ends up glued to her face. I find that unattractive in the extreme.
MKSixer34183.50