United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeeseegod View Post
Sammich + Blowie = Take me back!

but you need more sammich and blowie for a decision like that lol
its never going to happen because exes are exes for a reason, this one was distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Alright gentlemen, I need your help. I posted in the annoying things at the gym thread and as I typed I realized I need to put it up here to get opinions.

The most annoying thing currently at the gym is the girlfriend. After I joined she decided to join as well under the ole "We can work out together." If you did the girlfriend voice thing as you read that we can be friends.

We both get off work at 4:30 p.m. She lives 7 minutes from me exactly. Somehow it takes her 3 hours to go home and change into gym clothes and then meet me at my place. It is now getting to where it is almost 8:00 p.m. before we get to the gym. Mind you I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. She has also started this new thing where she mismanages her time so poorly throughout the day at her job that she doesn't eat lunch. I eat a lean lunch and don't eat dinner. After leaving the gym around 9:00 - 9:30 she is now hungry. Don't get me wrong I'd like to eat too but I'm also trying to drop an additional 30 pounds. I've tried explaining to her how pointless it is go do a bunch of cardio/weight resistance and then eat that late. My other biggest complaint is that I can leave work, go to the gym and have my entire workout finished before she even gets to my house. Due to the fact of getting to the gym so late, I have to cut my session in half because she is done after 20 minutes and although she doesn't complain, I can tell she gets frustrated having to wait on me to finish.

My gym partner is now causing me not to get the workout in that I want and I'm starting to resent her for it. Last night I made the comment that I may just start going right after work. Her response was "Well I hope it doesn't bother you if I go alone and not get to your house until late because I go later"

WTF, how do I tell her to manage her time more wisely and get her shit together without being an asshole or starting a fight? This could potentially end a 2 1/2 year relationship. I am not going to allow someone else's lack of planning or motivation to derail mine.
does she know you have a gym buddy? if not maybe you can pull the excuse of "i like to work out alone"?
or, a better way - be her gym "teacher", "assigning" her workout routines so while she does her workout you can work out based on your program too
you'll look like youre trying to get her to stay/get in shape but because if she follows the routine you give her you'll also have time to do yours because hers will take just as long
Appreciate 0