CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
That's spot on! Nation of sheep we have become....myself included. We have all become reliant upon the facade that we go to school to learn, get a degree, enter the workforce, make a living, etc. Matrix type scenario. I'm to a point in life where this no longer works for me. A 50 hour work week, although I have a job many would love to have, is now becoming a downfall for me. I want to live my life and enjoy what I have versus simply working to maintain.
I think the "American Dream" has just transformed into this idealistic mentality, where you have everything you want and it is perfect, which we all know is impossible. The key to the "American dream" is being happy with yourself. Many people who in our eyes might have achieved this so called dream are often some of the most unhappiest people on the planet. Think of all the famous celebrities who end their lives by overdose and suicide. Money, possessions, success, infinite sexual encounters mean nothing if you hate life.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2