02-21-2024, 07:33 PM   #22
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
So, the 911 has been an evolution over decades, (hence the "mystique") good engineering and marketing only makes good sense that if they can share parts they do. I could write a great deal about where his argument is excellent but misses the point.

The 911 continues to improve and crush the competition, it is the benchmark for a great many auto enthusiasts, I am lucky enough to own a 993. I love the thing, I also lust after 356's and 911 Turbo S, 911T, 911GT3 etc. I can see the utility of a 918, they are a great car and if I was going for a track car to beat around I might go for one for the economic reasons but 911 is the one that has the mystique. Hence the marketing and the price point. The market decides what they are worth.
They are definitely doing something right since the 911 is still kicking butt but I wonder if they instead put all their brainpower into a MR how much better it would be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440i6MT View Post
I'm crazy about the Roma. JayEmm did two or three in-depth videos about it. First Ferrari I've ever genuinely considered owning.
I'm usually pretty clear in my tastes in terms of what I think looks good but 2 cars have psyched me out: I thought that the Roma wasn't so hot when it first came out but now I think that it's their best-looking car. Their other stuff like the SF90 (front looks like an old Camaro lol) is borderline hideous. The other one is the new M2; I think the previous gen is overrated (looks-wise), fight me. Too bad the thing is like 1,8xx kgs fat....ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
The 4C is a great looking car but like all of the Italians it will probably lose value quickly and the maintenance will be a bitch compared to the Porsche.
For sure, that bolt-tightening maintenance seems like a minor pita.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I love the Alfa 4C but just couldn’t get past the lack of power steering and the seemingly odd pedal placement/feel/throttle mapping. It’s definitely not a daily driver like a Cayman or 911 is.
I'm surprised by this comment since every enthusiast supposedly loves good steering feel so what can beat unassisted steering?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0