View Single Post
      04-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #84
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
importing from the US (this is an obsolete one, it won't fit your new car but notice the price)
Not necessarily, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcapi View Post
I can afford the HK set, what I can't afford is getting screwed unknowingly. When I realized my local dealer wanted $1000 more than what the US market asks for the X2 HK option I needed to find a perfectly good, logical reason for that.
No workaround - isn't it "a perfectly good, logical reason"? Importing a X2 from US should cost a fortune, I suppose. You seem to give BMW "a perfectly good, logical reason" for their current bullshit of only your local BMW site availability from their worldwide site.

Quote:
They don't have the Hi-Fi option so it's either factory default speakers or the 2k upgrade for HK. Now that I see this Alpine set go for $1000 I'm thinking it might not be that bad.
They do according to the configurator. It's just from my research it's no good, worse than the Alpine, unless you listen to that dumb bass beat rather than music.

For me having the Alpine installed would've cost pretty close to factory HK (I could not afford it when ordering) besides my job quality doubts. I find the basic speakers acceptable, but it depends on how demanding you are, of course.

Quote:
In Costa Rica we pay around 50% more in taxes for any brand new car. This 120i, no extras, M package is $40.000!
You are not alone! There's been quite some whining of the kind here, I don't feel like searching but you can. Feel free to wander around the world BMW sites if you wish to compare (there are immediate prices usually). It's just pure pricing is not actual buying ability: you put it as Costa Rica people are expected to have plenty of USD. Or just escape to US and forget about the world.
Appreciate 0