View Single Post
      04-24-2018, 11:11 PM   #82
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcapi View Post
I just ordered a 120i here in Costa Rica. The car comes with a very basic/bad audio system made out of 4 speakers I believe.
There are usually 2 woofers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcapi View Post
I was planning on upgrading it to HK 12 speakers set but the dealer wants $2000 for this extra.

I noticed that upgrading audio to HK on the X2 costs $900 in the U.S.

Is there a reason for such a high price in my case? I know I will be paying a small extra for the fact that I'm buying this in Costa Rica but still not sure if going forward with the upgrade. Any help?
Firstly, you should've noticed the factory HK price for the 2 Series (which is pretty much the same as the 1 Series minding the body) instead (the price is exactly the same though). Secondly, you don't buy it in the US anyway so why worry?

Consider your options. If you can't afford Harman Kardon consider the factory Hi-Fi option (no tweeters there!) or proceed to the Alpine retrofit (choose your car there) this thread is about. Enquire the dealer. Consider importing from the US (this is an obsolete one, it won't fit your new car but notice the price) or elsewhere and labour price (unless you wish to do it yourself). Decide.

Of course there are different non-OEM retrofit solutions as well.
Appreciate 0