View Single Post
      11-10-2016, 06:15 AM   #71
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i LCI 2015

Alpine Amp now fitted on my 2015 UK RHD F21 M135i, and working!
Took 4 hours to do but could do it in half the time if I did again.
The only issue I've found is that the wiring harness is wrong, in that the front speaker wires (A5-A6 in the instructions) are crossed, so left is right and vice Versa.(The subs and rears which seem to be connected together somehow are correct) So I will need to extend the left wire to go from below glove box over to the right door. The other wire is already long enough.
The newer instructions I have (which which have the older part no, include some details on RHD cars) say put selector on Amp to no 3 for RHD F21 but the selector only seems to affect the rear speakers to be on or off.
I coded the ASD off before I fitted it, and added 'HIFI' to HO-WORT in ESYS after fitting which gives the after market fitment option and thus the Alpine HIFI in the VO, This reduced the overall volume especially the gong sound.(if you don't code it it is all too loud,heavily equalised and bongs very loud)
Sound is so much better but I'm going to experiment with coding the different FDL HIFI options to see the effect.
I took quite a few pictures, so might do a DIY thread if anyone is interested?

New part no is 65412413270 which is a 6 channel Amp and is plug and play (old no is 65412293994)
Appreciate 0