View Single Post
      05-26-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
john0213
The Allergy Season
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 Blk Saph. 335xi

I'm been poisoned....this new photography hobby is killing me.....!!!

Hi,

I've just started photography for exactly 4 weeks and these are my recent works. I have to say I've come a longggg way from completely unaware of what the photography world is going on to this stage. Before I got into photography, I did a lot of research and ended up purchasing a used 40d body with the 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens. I have to say the online forum did helped me a lot on my sounded decision. I can vouch to all the beginners that, it is very true to invest into lens more than your body as it will end up providing you with way better result.

I'm currently walking through my learning curve with HDR.

How can i improve these shots? I know it's a little bit overkilled though.

This is a previous work, the very first daytime HDR i've ever done. I know for a fact i got the focus and focal distance completely off so the background was kinda soft. Because the background wasn't ideally focused in the first place, i've went ahead and used the soft clarity theme to try to set off that japanese garden mood. Not sure if i'm doing it correctly though.

Also one of my early work, the picture quality was quite good to begin with so the HDR wasn't exactly helping the image by far.
Appreciate 0