View Single Post
      03-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #22
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Kill the GT'S! Please for the love of God!

Yeah I can see the convertibles and coupes being more a niche market with sales of those being more popular in those places where they can be used a lot more during the year, such as Southern California.

I personally love the Gran Coupes, especially the 4-Series Gran Coupe. It's an extremely stylish car with lots and lots of utility and practicality. It's got the sexiness of a coupe, the practicality of a 4 door sedan and great utility with its hatch back. I'd say it's even got more utility than a 3-Series because when you fold the rear seats down you have all this space like a Station Wagon , where as on the 3-Series you've got limited space because of the regular trunk.

But now Audi is also coming out with their answer to the 4-Series Gran Coupe, and they've got one model where the 440i Gran Coupe doesn't appeal to me enough, and that is the S5 Sportback. The new S5 Sportback will have more power and have sportier appointments than the 440i Gran Coupe. Such as on the S5 you get bespoke sport seats that are much better than the A5 Sportback. Where as on the 440i Gran Coupe, you only get the same front seats as on the 430i Gran Coupe. Now if BMW made a 6cyl turbo diesel like in the 535d combined with a manual transmission for the 4-Series Gran Coupe, then I'd buy that in a heart beat over the Audi. I would at least say that I would enjoy the 4-Series Gran Coupe way more if they offered it with a 6MT for the American market too.

I do think BMW should make the following changes to these models:

- Kill all GT models

- Offer the new G30 5-Series with a 6MT option

- Diesel engines and manual transmissions for the 4-Series for USA market!

- Why do we need an X1, X2, X3, X3M, X4, X4M40i, X5, X5M, X6, X6M, and X7?!?!?!!! Thinking about all these X-Models hurts my head!

- The new 8-Series will be great, but BMW is going about it all wrong, also by killing the 6-Series. The 8-Series should be ultimate Grand Touring car, with an N6tu based 850i Coupe and Gran Coupe, while the M8 and M8 Gran Coupe should use a derivative of the BMW 760i's Twin Turbo V12 making between 650-700hp and be AWD. BMW Should keep the 6-Series but make it a true sports car that is bigger than the 4-series but smaller than the 5 Series. The next M6 should have been a direct Porsche 911 competitor with a little bit of utility but totally focused on Performance and would use the same engine as the M5. The biggest problem I foresee with the new 8-Series is price. The fully loaded new M8 is probably going to exceed an MSRP of $170,000. That's Audi R8 money. And we all know that the M8 is not going to be lighter than an R8, so it could use more power. Then again, I always said that if BMW ever made an M8 it should be a direct supercar competitor to Audi's R8. Instead people say the i8 is BMW's answer to the Audi R8. Lol!

- BMW needs a Sedan or Gran Coupe with more leg room in the rear than the new G30. Or something that offers more rear leg room in the back between the G30 5-Series and G11 7-Series. BMW makes no such car right now. The rear leg/knee room in the new G30 5-Series isn't great, but stepping up to even buy a 740i is overkill in the rear legroom department. About another inch in the back of the G30 would be ideal.

- Maybe BMW should come up with another Series just for convertibles, just like they did for the Z Roadsters. Kill the 4-Series, 6 Series and possibly 8-Series convertibles. I never understood the concept of an M6 Convertible, it's too heavy be a performance car, and who track's and M6 vert anyways? I think BMW should make a new Series of convertibles that are along the lines of the McLaren 12C Spyder, Audi R8 Spyder, Ferrari 458 Spyder, and Lambo Huracan Spyder. Not necessarily a supercar BMW convertible, but definitely not a huge GT convertible car like the 6-Series Convertible is. BMW could essentially invent a new class of convertible vehicle with a car that has supercar looks, a drop top, and a little bit of utility. Or in other words, a built from the ground-up spyder/convertible car that is bigger and has more utility than the Z4/Z5, and is an anti-amalgamation of an existing Series BMW that is converted to have a drop top. The basis for this new Series convertible however is to not have 4 seats but only 2 seats. Call it the V-Series perhaps with a V6 or V7, or expand on the Z-Series with a Z6, Z7, or Z9.

Appreciate 4
B-1Pilot151.00
clbmw632.50
ShocknAwe3232.50
lawgone63.50