03-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #59
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
+1

It was probably a combination of things. Tuning has become a commodity product and OE's are offering their own performance products via after-sales.

In addition he wanted to concentrate on racing and it's unfortunate that the arrangement didn't work out for him.

At Dinans age (64??) I would hate to have to start from scratch. Hopefully this is some sort of "semi-retirement" thing.
Exactly. Dinan's departure from the company he founded could just be as simple as he wanted to do something different. I don't know the specifics around the company's structure. But when companies get to a certain size and there are board members, Cxx positions, etc, founders of said company find themselves no longer in sync with how the management wants to run the company. My example of Bob Carver is just that example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
I wonder what it is about BMW that is causing them to move away? Funny if it were warranty claims.
Could be a number of things. Doesn't necessarily have to be something bad. GM used to have a tight partnership with SLP Engineering to the point there were specific models sold through GM distribution with their parts already installed on new cars sold at dealerships. That partnership has long been terminated.
Appreciate 0