09-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #28
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Vietnam is open to tourists. A good amount of countries are now open with some not requiring a test. Right now it looks like Turkey and Croatia are my best bet for October. Weather still pleasant and dry. Croatia requires test within 48 hours so I can do that in US before flying there or go to Turkey first and then get tested there before flying to Croatia for the rest of the time. Turkish Airlines seem legit too.
Mine has to be part of work in Thailand (closed) so I can get there close to free.

Vietnam sounds like a problem waiting to happen. If someone on your flight tests posisitive everyone has an issue and not sure what "centralized quarantine" means.
Quote:
Travelers entering Vietnam, including Vietnamese nationals, have been subjected to mandatory, centralized quarantine for 14 days. This quarantine requirement has in some cases been prolonged to more than 14 days when deemed necessary by the authorities.
https://vn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen...20authorities.

If Croatia requires a test 48 hours of your arrival time, where can you get both a test and the results in the U.S. within 48 hours of your arrival time in Croatia (before you get on the flight)? This give you maybe 36 hours before your flight out to get a test and result? I looked into it and it seems everywhere says you will get results within a few days then you run the risk of getting on a flight (if they let you) without your results and getting stuck in immigration? Seems like a big risk.

Last edited by David70; 09-01-2020 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0