View Single Post
      12-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfresh713 View Post
If its already being offered in the M3, it can be "US certified". From my experience in life there is always a way. The way will be found.
It can be...it's just a few million dollars. The M3 cert was based on building impact prototypes for frontal compliance with FMVSS 208. That powertrain combination has unique characteristics and is not applicable to other powertrains. A 330 and 340 would have to be certified individually, which means development, time, people and crash testing. I've been involved with this in my prior work and we're into seven digits per vehicle species. The question BMWAG will ask is, how many incremental cars will they sell and do they have production capacity to produce them. If the G20 program already is projected as at capacity, there is no upside.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0