View Single Post
      04-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #67
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

In sort of alternate the BMW M550d Touring is the successor to the E61 M5 Touring. Am I saddened that I cannot replace the M5 Touring? Yes I suppose I am. Because I like the flexibility the Touring had to offer - a High performance car with spacious flexibility.

I have not driven the Touring M550d , only the M550d Sedan.
But after my six-month time is up with the 320d in June , I will be in the Touring M550d to see how it compares to the M5 Touring. Which is now back on its 19" wheels , full spring clean and recent recall adjustments.

M Performance models are meant to stand out , just as an M model stands out but for very different reasons over the standard and M-Sport models.
So the range of M Performance cars that will range from the M135i to the 750d will feature alterations that make the cars more pronounced against regular models but below full blown M variants if there is an M of that series. M Performance Automobiles allows BMW M to instigate demands in a concept that can not be considered as a full M product.