View Single Post
      01-09-2019, 10:44 AM   #2843
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeeseegod View Post
Soul mate is another term I use for life partner. Someone you can count on to work through the hard times and will stay by your side until whatever is causing the waves gets figured out. A person with real dedication to themselves, first, and then to you. It takes two strong, independent people to make most relationships work, imo. I am a hopeless romantic, truth be told :P but my family and extended family have shown me how accepting real love into your heart will help you see that the person you have will be the person you always have if you care enough to understand them. I am on my second marriage and after the stress and chaos I caused in my first, I realize now that if you decide to get married you really need to understand and practice sacrifice, dedication and empathy if it's going to work. My wife isn't something to be had, won or possess. She's her own star in an infinite galaxy and I am thankful everyday that I had the gravity to attract her and I work everyday to keep that gravity strong!
I can respect much of what you said here although I have learned not to be dependent or as you say "count on" anyone else. Life happens and people change. Again, I do respect much of what you stated.
Appreciate 2