View Single Post
      05-14-2023, 12:27 PM   #2
Devils41
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Garage List
I'm only on PC since it offered the most at the time. I started my setup on my desk and then moved to an actual rig. This was 6 years ago so options were still limited by todays market.
This is all my opinion/ if I were to do it all over again. if you do go with a rig get a sturdy one that will have some future proofing. If you want to DIY I think 80/20 simg rigs is still a good option. I had a GT omega its okay, its not as sturdy as the 80/20 builds and lacks in some areas.

I started with a Logitech G920, got a used Fanatec belt wheel after for a bit and then moved to the DD CSL. Having a good set of pedals that have a Loadcell is a must have IMO.

I've used rigs with Triples but for me nothing beats VR although it has its drawbacks. I started with a Oculus CV1 but am using a HP Reverb G2 now.
VR is a mixed bag, requires a bit more setup and troubleshooting at times, and long races get HOT!!!!. BUT, nothing beats the ability to be able to look into a corner, check your blind spot and you get a much better sense of distance in VR.

Hope this helps but if you wanna do some research there's a Sim Racing group on FB that should be a good spot to ask for some gear options based on budget too.

Current: '23 G80 M3 Comp - BG over FR
Past: '16 Mineral Grey M235i, '03 e46 330i
Appreciate 1