01-20-2022, 08:20 PM   #19
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
Yep, like fly me to the moon face mask lol. Here's a link, supposedly does make a huge difference and for $100 might be worth a shot for ya.

https://www.usa.philips.com/healthca...full-face-mask
Interesting, but it still seems to suffer from the biggest flaw IMO and that’s creating a seal on your skin. In this case all around your face instead of just nose and mouth. If anything I see that might be more troublesome as it’s more area to seal. My biggest issue is maintaining that seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
I checked in to Inspire, but my apnea is central. Not caused by anything but my brain not remembering to breathe. I am not a candidate. That said, I don't even take a nap without my machine strapped on. Nose cone only, not full face. I love that thing. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago. Mine is an ASV (ResMed Aircurve 10) machine that learns my breathing, and essentially a smart Bi-PAP. Breathing in and out is different pressures. Seriously, best part of my day is when I strap it on. Most nights, a couple minutes into laying down and getting comfortable, I am out for the count. I tried a conventional CPAP when originally tested, but it was horrible. Felt like I stuck my head out the window at 100mph with no relief from the pressure. ASV does away with all that. If you can test with one, do it! For the first few weeks I had it, my wife kept waking me up because I was so quiet she thought I was dead. I seriously believe that my machine saved my life. I don't go anywhere without it. HTH.
I remember the guy who ran the study telling me he loved his and actually made him fall asleep as soon as he felt that air coming in. I dunno, I hate mine with a passion. Maybe because I never felt I had any lack of sleep or sleeping “issues”. So I went from IMO sleeping just fine to now having to strap all this shit to my face just to take a nap and can’t sleep a wink without it. When I do manage to fall asleep on the couch or something without it I wake up feeling like absolute shit!

I also wake up with my mouth sooooo dry. Even with the humidifier crap turned up to max. It actually use to hurt it was so dry it would crack. Had to buy a chin strap and that helped a lot, but till dry.
Appreciate 2
hubbahubba8815.00
Torgus3781.50