View Single Post
      05-16-2022, 06:10 AM   #10
r00t777
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJO View Post
Yes the car is much improved but there are no straight and level roads anywhere nearby for some timings. I like the smooth progressive throttle response - all too often a remap will turn the throttle into an on / off switch.

12years ago I had a DS3 1.6THP 155bhp motor which was remapped to ~ 200bhp and the 116i feels similar.

I am fitting an oil catch tank this week.

(The DS3's motor blew and was replaced under warranty. The dealer told me that it was caused by a known fault - excessive crankcase oil fumes entering the combustion chamber and causing detonation. One piston was in pieces and other holed.)

Did you choose any of the options?
Sorry for the late response. That's great if you're happy with the power and enjoying it.

I have "FTP N13 Oil Catch Tank" as well - https://www.ftpmotorsport.com.tw/pro...catch-tank-kit. Also upgraded Intake Pipe which is Metal as my Plastic one cracked and thought I'd upgrade to something that would stay.

Other than that I'm pretty much Stock but I have a lot of parts changed due to either maintenance or upgrades but they aren't power-related but more like upgraded Grooved Discs, etc.

I'm thinking in future for MST Intake Kit, Bigger Intercooler or gfb dv+ or turbosmart (but need to do more research on this as have heard bad things for some cars using them).
Appreciate 0