View Single Post
      03-09-2022, 07:58 PM   #287
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
Just jumping into this thread after stalking for a while. Currently looking to potentially downsize and lessen my financial footprint despite being able to easily afford my current (albeit, too large of a home).

Purchased at 493 in 2020, and talking with the realtor who sold me the house we're looking at a listing price of ~825. Houses here are also consistently entering bidding wars, etc.

Possibly looking a little further outside the city, smaller home and/or just a move to a more midsize city where I can have a tiny mortgage, maybe some more space, land, etc. I work from home full-time so commutes and physical location are no longer concerns of mine.
Wow!

While I am shopping right now, I do not expect to actually buy anything b/c I will not offer over asking or get into a bidding war or skip an inspection etc like a lot of these morons out there right now. I also want seller to pay at least some of closing blah blah.

In other words, everyone will tell me to pound sand LOL.

We have only gone out to see 2 houses so far in months of actively shopping. Sunday will be #3. It has the perfect garage for me with the room for plenty, a lift etc. That means another moron will pay over asking. That won't be me

People act like there will never be another house for sale. WTF?!

Also, the guy at the mortgage company keeps bothering me about $500 (non-refundable) to "lock in" my rate. Dude, $2k on a $500k purchase doesn't move the needle. Go get your commission elsewhere
Appreciate 0