View Single Post
      04-18-2022, 03:55 PM   #107
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So the lesson learned is do not keep part receipts in the garage with the car...

Kidding!

Glad to see you are starting over. Where is the rebuild of the garage at this point?
it's true though! Many lessons learned, from double-checking your home owners insurance coverage to keeping alllll your receipts for things on vehicles. ALSO checking to see if your insurance even covers aftermarket goods at all. A lot of have a ton of money in these vehicles at this point.

I signed contracts and paid for half of the garage rebuild upfront last week to cover materials cost, etc. They're supposed to have dumpster(s) dropped off this week and start the cleanup immediately. Estimated time to clean up, fix the damaged portions of the walls, roofing and doing electrical is a month, but we'll see about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
Holy fawk, at first i was like… well that escalated quickly, and THEN I was like… well that…. Fml.
Hahah yeah, escalated very quickly... then deescalated... then escalated back one more time. Have some parts coming in over the next few days so hopefully i'll be back driving it around more here soon. The spool in the rear really sours the driving experience, so i'm trying to just not drive it until the strange s-trac gets in.