04-16-2022, 05:58 PM   #100
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by houbmw View Post
Glad you and your family are safe!

I would not be able to stomach doing the same project again. Good luck to you. Materials can always be replaced and seems like insurance is treating you somewhat fair.
Thank you - I appreciate that. I definitely have had a hard time with it, but... i'm just so stubborn that I have to finish what I had started. Thankfully the car is different enough (at least mechanically) that i'm starting a little ahead of where I was, but still just rough enough to keep it interesting.

I have a few things ahead to do and get it a little better sorted:

- TOB is squealing so I went ahead and bought a new one, firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant - i'll see if I can adjust it enough to get the TOB off the pressure plate

- The car came with a fully-built 35-spline strange SRA setup with a spool. yes, a 35-spline spool. So I ordered a 35-spline strange s-trac differential so I can actually street drive the car. The rear-end is dope though, all welded axle tubes, welded team z bracing and all. It's probably good for 1500hp lol.

- Full-length subframe connectors because the 'verts are wet noodles when it comes to chassis rigidity.

- Billet idler pulleys (3) as the factory ones are known to.. explode lol.

Otherwise I adjusted the tune to make it a little richer across the board by a few pts. I was sitting around 11.5-8 at WOT and i'd like it to sit a little richer. Next on the list:

- front coil overs from Maximum motorsports, camber plates, koni SA (again lol) and then the car should be in a good spot to do the fun stuff. Tentative plans are a Whipple 2.9, full return fuel system and just see what a 93 tune nets out to be. Maybe mid-600's or so and leave it there.