United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
You're way over-thinking this. Buying art just to impress a woman is stupid. It's pandering to start with. Your cell phone idea is also bad. To start with it's childish, and as bmwmthree pointed out, it's creepy. If you want a woman's phone number, just be a man and ask her for it. If she's interested in him, all these silly games aren't necessary. If she's not interested in him, they probably won't make him appear more interesting.

You're right about keeping the conversation light though. Saying something funny here and will definitely help break the ice. I wouldn't just walk up to someone I didn't know and randomly start telling jokes as some other poster suggested however, that just appears weird, and is socially awkward.

How is it creepy to reply to someone thanking them for trying to help you find your phone? Purchasing artwork was just the easiest thing I could think of. But some girls you HAVE to have a fairly connecting impression on otherwise they won't crack open. I know girls who literally want to be knocked off their socks all the time otherwise they aren't interested. Going in like John Doe does saying, "Hi. My name is John. Whats your name. I like you. lets have dinner?" is just way too bland. Yes its true that if she really likes you then she'll fall for that, but the girls you REALLY want get that shit all day and you need to be persuasive... Any man can go ask for her number straight up and I'm certainly not saying purchasing artwork is a part of my routine or that its even necessary. I'm simply suggesting to create a door for plan B during the first conversation by finding out her interests. Guys that are persuasive get laid. Guys who are honest, get laid less.

When I think of people asking for a girls number it feels soooo repetitive, predictable and somewhat cliche. This is what I'm reminded of:

Appreciate 0