jurajpe
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series 118D, F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by saemet View Post
Hey guys,

since i've read a lot contrary stuff i decided to create a new thread. My 2014 BMW 116d got the following:
S606 Navigation System Business
S6NS Comfort Telephony W/ Enhanced Smartphone

My questions:
I got the ENTRYNAV HU, but Bimmercode displays HU_NBT - is this normal?
When streaming via Bluetooth, there is no cover art displayed, is there a possibility to code it?

Thank you!
The album art is displayed only via usb for me. It shows art also for albums that you just stream from iTunes so not necessarily dowloaded tracks. Amazing. Also there are some small differences in how the music data is seen in the system via usb and bluetooth. The usb is much more straight forward and shows more. Also via bluetooth sometimes you do not see the tracks on the dash and cannot scroll through with the steering wheel dial. It shows no entries.
Issue with the usb is that the usb port does not charge the phone fast enough and if you use music and navigation and have it attached to the arm rest usb it will drain the battery. Oh and via usb the sound is much louder and much nicer.
So I have to use the bluetooth and charge via the socket.

Also I looked into the trick that I could use a bluetooth dongle attached to the usb in the car and then connect the phone to that via bluetooth. So basically the car would think the phone is connected to usb and work. Unfortunately not. The bluetooth dongles available are for pcs and so rely on pc drivers that the bmw system does not have . And I did not find a proprietary bmw dongle.
Also there are dongles, yes, that have the usb and audio jack, but those have a standalone bluetooth that only transfers the sound to the jack and use the usb only as power to itself and does not transfer data. So this does not work either.
Shame really.
Appreciate 0