01-28-2022, 12:02 PM   #103
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
It’s interesting that you and so many others find yourself in the situation where you want the front of your car to look the same for more than 30 straight years. I don’t get it. The rest of the driving world disagrees with you. I’ve seen nothing but excitement about the G80 and the sales prove that also. Not to mention technology wise, speed and agility it’s far far superior to its predecessors. So all you guys are going to miss out on that over a kidney grille. It’s just weird. Someone had mentioned in a different thread on this very subject that Porsche guys are the same. One little change and they all flip out.
It seems to me that you are missing the point of my opinion - the grill is not the problem, the driving is not the problem, the whole thing is a problem to me. Hopefully, again, customers like me that are not going to buy an M3 this time will be less than the new customers coming in.

And, it is interesting that you notice that "Porsche guys" have the same opinion - that's fundamentally the reason you cannot get a 911 right now without paying thru the gazoo or waiting months/year, old 911 are priced like Ferrari, and Porsche does not mess around with this styling for more than 50 years. The 911 provides Porsche with the highest profit per unit than any other Porsche model, and in the industry overall. They know who they are selling to, they know how particular this customer base is, and they know that this styling adds customers, never subtracts. They know that styling is not "pretty or ugly"; styling is great or not, never irrelevant.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00