View Single Post
      01-28-2022, 11:38 AM   #101
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

I have own M3 for 20 years, and the G80 is the first that is insignificant to me. Always looking forward to get the next one, and then it just stopped. I don’t find the grill offensive like most of the complaints, my problem is that this M3 look like no M3. It looks like something less than else.

This guy Dukec is correct - the styling of this car in particular is not pretty or ugly, it is just unremarkable. I want a BMW that looks like a BMW, that makes me turn my head to look at it when I get out. This G80 (and the 3-, and especially the 4-Series) wants to look like something that somebody else is already doing. Nothing original, nothing new. Just bigger, flatter, fatter, and away from BMW style as much as possible. My problem with this Dukec styling is that the guy is doing what other stylists are doing in other cars, and bringing that styling to BMW. This will bring more customers to BMW for sure, customers that were never attracted to BMW styling. That’s pretty much the purpose of hiring this guy. Hopefully, the number of customers like me that find this styling derivative and irrelevant will be less than the new customers coming.
Appreciate 0