01-17-2022, 07:49 AM   #91
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMstein View Post
Sure, adjusted for inflation...lol! Yeah inflation was no worse then than now at ~7%. Probably has something to do with the prior admin huh? So currently people will have us believe the inflation sky is falling right now, will you?

Included are come charts for your reality analysis comparison of 1977 to 2022...Shall we compare earnings too?

I do not subscribe to believing hot topics such as global cooling. My BS detector was factory installed and it has been tested by Q (and wow...wtfe) as well as a lot of other BS and not believing that malarkey but believing science thank you.

I know saving is not a common practice, to each his own. I'm not going to get into an argument here. I have battled others with data on this subject and it's not hard. I can cover this thread so long with data you will forget what's its about.

In case you haven't heard, you can prove anything with statistics including what makes your argument and excluding want doesn't. I will defeat you and others on the niche argument you have carved out here. I don't have the will to anymore...futile and stupid.

Save the planet, it's not like there is Earth 2.0 like Elon (weird MF) will have you believe.
Okay, so this is not an internet thesis paper exercise; you can cool your jets about flooding the thread with data so much that "I'll forget what it is about" - LOL. My discussion is not about inflation, nor about the cost of gas vs. income; it is about market economic theory. So, you went off on a tangent that is immaterial to the discussion. The discussion is the BS about carbon fuels being a finite commodity. So, try to reengage.

What my topic is about is the theoretical scarcity of gasoline (and diesel) that has been the meme of environmental politics since the 1970's, where we are going to "run out of fossil fuels because they are a finite resource". My purpose for using the price of gasoline in constant dollars is to point out that for 50 years since the finite-resource meme has been thrown at society and the pending doom of no carbon-based fuels will be left for us to use, the price of gasoline DOES NOT REFLECT that the sources of carbon fuels are scarce. Gasoline prices have remained constant, even have lowered, since the big scare of the 1970's and the pending doom of no fuel.

The 1970's predictions of scarce fuel supplies was that carbon fuels may be non-existent by the mid-1980's to mid-1990's and certainly by 2020, as remember being warned in my childhood years. It just didn't pan out. Gas costs just the same now as in 1980. If "fossil" fuels are supposedly so scarce, gasoline would be 5 times the price it was in 1980 by the year 2022. The data show that it is not.

And if you truly believe science, then you would understand the Earth's climate cycles due to numerous factors such as plate tectonics to the stabilization of the planet's rotation and orbit. Crude oil doesn't come from dinosaurs...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 01-17-2022 at 08:02 AM..
Appreciate 0