View Single Post
      01-07-2021, 09:57 AM   #52
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Some of you may know that I’ve been trying to land a Sub for my dad’s bday. Here are latest updates and rant.

Update 1: heard back from another contact and unfortunately it’ll be closer to $20K. I passed.

Update 2: spoke to manager at Shreve & Co in Palo Alto. Was told when I put my name down that if I were to buy jewelry or other watches from them, it would help move me up the list. That was in mid November. When talking to the manager few weeks ago and trying to see what I can do so that they get business and I get a Sub for my dad. Thought about referrals since my conversion rate for cars is about 80%. He asked me to call and come in after the NY. Left a message on Monday and didn’t hear back so I called back today. He ended up saying that he can’t promise to do an action for my action. There is no timeline and your name will be called when it comes up. I asked “how is that beneficial to me then?” He said “well you’ll just have to trust that we’ll do our job. We don’t dangle the watch over your head and ask you to do certain things.” I replied “trust goes both ways. You need to show me something too. Can’t just refer ppl to you and then maybe I’ll get it in a year or two. And what do you mean you don’t dangle it over ppl? Your store does practice the ‘if you buy other stuff from us it helps you move up the list!’” This we all know is true as many stores do the same thing. He denied it. I then asked “well how is that different from sending you business in hopes that I’ll get the watch sooner? You said to trust you but what does that entail?” He had no answer. I gave up and just told him it’s pointless. Needs to be mutually beneficial and not one sided.

At this point I don’t really care about getting the watch anymore. Too much work and ridiculousness and isn’t worth it.
for the old 116610 sub. https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=116610

for the new 126610 sub. https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=126610

secondary market prices are around 11-12k for the old and 13-14 for the new. dont pay more than that.

and yeah, unfortunately, ADs have found that they can get flippers to buy all the less desirable models if they can get a desirable model so its becoming very rare that someone can just walk in and buy 1 rolex sub. Cant really blame them because its the only way the other watches sell. Its all on Rolex itself for this.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
BMW F223540.00