tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Its not literal, on top of the world is a figure of speech. Cadillac was once the standard in the US, now look, I think the point is pretty clear. What the future holds is unknown.
Ironically, BMW today is like Cadillac in the '70s and '80s. A once great marque, reduced to begging for scraps from buyers who can't, or aren't interested in driving. And today's Cadillac is the BMW of the '70s and '80s.

At that time, BMWs were purchased by 'in the know' enthusiasts interested in superior driving dynamics. Most people in N America were unfamiliar with the brand. You had to justify driving a BMW instead of a familiar, heavy metal monster from Detroit. At some point in the last 15 - 20 years, BMW became known more as a social prestige brand and has lost its claim to driving dynamics. But most of today's BMW buyers are more concerned with looking awesome at the mall rather than rowing a 6-speed or balancing traction in a high-speed curve.

On the other hand, Cadillac now has no social prestige, yet drives circles around most any BMW. Cadillac builds cars for drivers - naturally aspirated, enough power, superior handling to most any BMW, manual transmissions, RWD, you get the gist.

Looking forward to my next drivers car, a Caddy, a C8 Vette, or maybe a Cayman. Sadly, BMW doesn't have anything that makes the cut....
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25083.00
chassis6537.50
jmack548.50