View Single Post
      02-14-2021, 02:20 PM   #97
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

I guess looks and design are very subjective.

The new grills in the 3/4 series are... I dunno.

But I have to be honest, the more I look at them, the more they grow on me.

I guess I give props to BMW simply for being bold enough to even try it. I see comments about BMW being arrogant, but like it or not, that level of arrogance in their design throughout the years is part of the reason we are even here posting on boards like this to begin with.

I’m sure there’s other younger enthusiasts like me on the boards, but I’ve also noticed that a lot of posters here are of the older generation. I’m 33, and again, the new designs grow on me.

I was taken back by the X7 grille. But I want to purchase one because SUVs in that class are about road presence. And I quite like the looks of it.

My wife loves the new looks of the M4. My kids (12 and 10) talk about that they like the looks of the M4 simply because it’s different.

Now, here’s the part where some of you whine about things like performance. Here’s the part where I remind that you 99% of buyers in any market of vehicles aren’t gonna come close to using that level of performance. It’s like the dudes buying Ford raptors, and yet the majority of raptor drivers use it as pavement queens.

BMW isn’t gonna cater to “real” enthusiasts simply because they would’ve went bankrupt long ago doing that. They are gonna continue catering to the dudes who wanna stunt and the women wanting a BMW simply because it’s a BMW. They are who pays the bills, whether that upsets the “real” car guys or not.

I love my M6. I love the performance and all that.

I also love the fact that I can drive downtown and stunt my ass off simply because it’s a beautiful car. Y’all can get upset about that all you want, but the reality will be that BMW stays in business from far more people like me than the opposite.

This Doug dude...I get he has a following and I respect that. But just speaking for myself, His videos are beyond bland, and his taste in what’s considered a good looking car is very different than mine. He’s like a lot of other dudes: whines about pushing new things simply because he’s a bland guy himself.

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00