07-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #82
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
1M production ceased as of 29th of June unless there is a miracle and they restart it again in the following days! Are you sure about the M3 coupe and cabrio ending the production this October though? Maybe they continue the M3s till next year sometime and the "void" will be smaller? Plus, they think they have the new M5 and M6 and X3M is guaranteed as far as I heard just not sure about its engine.

I have been waiting to see something "officially released" from BMW AG stating that 1M production has ceased. Frankly I don't believe they have stopped 1M production - not when they still have people with money in hand. I would like to see a press release from BMW stating something/anything!

The last I saw (two weeks ago) was on BimmerToday.de when they showed us that Power Green Mamba 1M on the final assembly area in Leipzig Werk. They said 1M production would end soon(days?). But so far no press release form BMW. Not a peep. Why?

I am thinking about traveling to Leipzig to see for myself. But I need to find the time to travel there and schedule a factory tour there.

Dack
Appreciate 0