07-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #80
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
That screen shot of mine was just a listing of various engines(nee... SW tunes) that BMW made for the (future) US market. Nothing is set in stone... as we can see some of these engines never made it to "us".

We do know the 1M came with 250 Kw (340 PS) from the factory. We did not know what it would have at the time I posted that screen shot.

We know that BMW will bring us the 135iS with 320 HP. (not 306 PS like in this screen shot).

We know the next M3 will have a turbocharged six cylinder engine. Not sure on how many turbos - though. Two or three(electrically driven)?

What I wonder is... the current e92/e93 M3 will cease production late this year(Oct/'12). And the 1M production is almost finished with(so BMW says?).

So what small sporty car will BMW tout as the replacement "halo" car until the next M3 comes out in two years time? Z4M ? The current Z4is35 already is powered by the same engine the 1M has. SO that would not make any sense.

Maybe drop the 1M (Z4is35)engine into the X3 ??? I sure hope they do not do that.

The future M lineup just does not make any sense to me in the near future. I understand where they are going with the next M3 and M2 models. But I don't understand why they would stop building 1M's - when they are selling like crazy and filling a "void" by the soon to be departed e9x M3.

Thoughts?

What car will //M have to show off what the M brand is about - for the next few years until the next M3 comes out>?

Dackel
1M production ceased as of 29th of June unless there is a miracle and they restart it again in the following days! Are you sure about the M3 coupe and cabrio ending the production this October though? Maybe they continue the M3s till next year sometime and the "void" will be smaller? Plus, they think they have the new M5 and M6 and X3M is guaranteed as far as I heard just not sure about its engine.
Appreciate 0