Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Fernando Alonso: 'No concerns' about returning to scene of accident

Fernando Alonso: 'No concerns' about returning to scene of accident

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...laren-accident

Fernando Alonso has no concerns about returning to the scene of his pre-season accident at this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix.

Alonso missed the opening round of the season to recover from concussion after losing control of his McLaren on the exit of Turn 3 at the Circuit de Catalunya in testing. The reasons for the accident have yet to be fully explained, although Alonso claims his McLaren's steering locked and forced him into the wall.

But Alonso has no qualms about driving the MP4-30 at the track this weekend and the only legacy of the accident appears to be a dinner he has arranged with the hospital staff that treated him following the crash.

"No concerns," he said when asked about the crash. "It was an accident that happened three months ago and unfortunately it took a little bit longer to recover - the impact was a little bit unlucky - and it took me out of the car for one month. I'm coming back here with full confidence and full motivation to do well and to perform and deliver a good result in front of the home crowd.

"The week that I was in hospital I had one of the best staff that I could imagine in the hospital and they were so kind to me. I plan to have dinner with them, probably on Sunday as I am staying here on Monday for an event with sponsors, so Sunday night all the stress of the race will pass. I will find a quiet place on Sunday to have dinner with all of them."